Monday, July 7, 2008

Thank You TAMI!

Way to go Tami! Our family is officially official.......look at us......all fancy with our own blog spot! I have never done this before, this should be interesting. I love reading everybody elses blogs and looking at the pictures......let's see if we can keep this going!
OK, everyones first assignment is to post your 4th of July pictures. This is the first year in quite a while that most of us went our separate ways! Our family went to Lava Hot Springs and stayed in a 'yurt'. I guess you could describe a yurt as an upgraded teepee and a downgraded cabin. It is a round wooden unit, with a cone roof and a skylight at the peak of the roof. It had two queen beds, a TV/VCR, fridge and microwave......not too shabby! It was a miracle that we even found this spot. I called every place in Lava on Thursday looking for a place to stay and they all laughed. I called this place and she told me they had just had a cancellation on yurt #3. Having no idea what I was booking, we took it. Katelin and Kylee are already in Lava Hot Springs for the week with the Hayman family. So, Gregg, Maigen, Carson, Kendyl and myself made the trek to Lava for the 4th weekend. It was a lot of fun. Gregg, Maigen and Carson went tubing down the river. We packed three tubes into the trunk and I dropped them off at the top of Lava. They floated all the way down to our campground. Getting through town was the quick, bumpy ride......after they got through town.....the river slows down significantly and they made it to the campsite in about an hour. The only catastrophe?.....Maigen fell off her tube, lost her flop, Gregg jumped off his tube to rescue Maigen and the lost flop, saved the day and then lost one of his flops. Maigen's tube popped somewhere along the way....and Gregg bruised his bum-bum. Hey, compared to some of the other folks we saw, their battle wounds across their backs looked horrible! We watched the fireworks from the condo grass area where Katelin and Kylee were staying. Personal fireworks being blasted into the air in Idaho is not illegal (to my knowledge) and we had quite a show before the show! There were fireworks going off all around us! Kendyl thought they were great. The only thing that she got fusssy about was not finding a comfortable spot on my lap to fall asleep. Once she found that spot, she slept through all that noise.
We spent the day on Saturday at the famous Lava Hot Springs pool. We met Katelin and Kylee there at 11:00 AM and didn't leave until 8:00 PM. This was Kendyl's first experience at a pool. She loved it! She loved the water so much, she fell asleep in her little pool tube! So, we got out of the pool and put her in the play pen, where obviously, she wanted to play! So, we took her back to the water, where she........fell asleep again. She was sooooo cute in her little white hat, T-shirt style bathing suit and two gallons of sunscreen! I went off the 1st tower platform with Carson. Kylee (bless her) took the plunge off the third platform. (Please.......will Kylee's guardian angel always stay close by......) Kylee also made it to the top of the rock wall and would fall back into the water. Katelin was brave enough for the second platform. As for me, the first was all I was going to do. I never even made it to the slides! According to Katelin, I wasn't missing much.
After our fun-filled day at the pool, we went back to Yurt Sweet Yurt and had hot dogs and TV dinners and watched I, Robot on our 12 inch TV. Good Times!!! I've come to the conclusion that Lava Hot Springs is the new 'spring break' hang out for 4th of July folks.
On Sunday morning, we packed it all up and made our way home. What a fun weekend! When I figure it all out, I will post some pictures..... Tami.......help?
Till next time......hope to hear from everyone soon! Love ya'all!

0 comments: