Friday, January 16, 2009

December with the Hatch/Hayman Household

Yes, December has come and gone. What happened to the time? We started the month off at Mom and Dad's to celebrate the monthly birthdays. This event included Mom/Dayna/Amanda. I believe we celbrated Richie's earlier in the month. Mom and Dayna were 29 again....and Amanda turned the wonderful age of 15! Yikes!
Christmas Eve soon arrived and Santa, Gregg and Dayna were very busy all month long. We all finally get the presents wrapped and put under the tree with great care!
Maigen and Carson stayed with their Mom on Christmas Eve and Katelin and Kylee stayed at their Grandma's. Once all the kids made it home on Christmas morning, our extravaganza could begin. Gregg's Mom was the first to the house. I made a new French Toast Bundt recipe (compliments of my boss....thanks Susan), bacon, sausage and hashbrowns. I had to do something to occupy my time until the kids were home. Kendyl was more intrigued with the boxes. Anything that she can climb on to help her get to a higher place than she currently is.....

I wish Santa would've straigtened that tree star! Oh well......

Here are the kids and Gregg in action.......






After the mayhem....I mean...excitement at our house was done, we packed up the troops and headed to Mom and Dad's. Yeah.....I love that we get to do all of this again! Two Christmas' is great!




Once all of the opening was done, we all sat down for a wonderful Christmas dinner! Thanks to Mom, you are the best! Once the dinner was cleared......make way for the games....pie.....Diet Coke......and more goodies!

Once we got back home.....Christmas had officially ended, but the fun was just beginning. I had to go to work the next day, but when I got home.....we broke out all of our games. The kids first wanted to try Twister. Yes, they got me to play, but there is no way that pic is going up..... I'll put this in instead!


Here is Kendyl with her Santa present.....she loves this piano! Maybe we can upgrade someday and get her some real lessons!

And finally, to round out the month......we received an abundance of snow in December. So, Kendyl has to get bundled up everytime we walk out the door. I will admit, she cannot stand the mittens. It prohibits her from grabbing everything.......Hmmmm, I just had a thought.......

What a wonderful Christmas, what a wonderful family.......Love ya all!




0 comments: